Search The Inn

Friday, February 26, 2021

New Digitrax Firmware Update For UR-93 (Updated Feb 27, 2021)

Digitrax has posted new firmware files - one for the UR93 and one for the UR93CE.

The description states that this firmware fixes problems with NetName issues, and is recommended for all UR93 and UR93 devices. 

The issue was first reported on the digitrax-users.groups.io forum by Ken Mazer on January 4, 2021:

"Has anyone noticed the Duplex Group Name changing after installing a UR93?  I've had a UR92 for years and have had zero issues with the name changing.  Before the holidays I purchased a UR93 and added that the the UR91/UR92 Loconet network.  Now I'm having issues with the Duplex Group Name changing when track power has been turned OFF and back ON.  Does anyone know if the name has to be 8 alphanumeric characters, can it be 6?  Here's what I have and have seen:

DGN = Mazerk

Changed to:

DGN = Mazerj*
DGN = Mazerh#
DGN = Mazeri:

When it gets changed its always the last character that changes and another is added, and the added character is normally a special character (#$%!;"). Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same issues. I have submitted this as a problem to Digitrax Support and I'm awaiting a reply."

<UPDATE>
This update also resolves a second issue reported to Digitrax in November involving an inconsistent (invalid?) response to a query for the duplex password.  It turned out this only occurred on LocoNets with both a UR92 and a UR93.

You will find this firmware at the Digitrax "Downloads" page.



If you have an idea for a blog post here, let me know. If I can comment on it, I will or I'll see if someone else can and post it

1 comment: