Search The Inn

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Soundtraxx Discontinuing ECO 100 and 200 Decoders!!

On June 6th Soundtraxx announced that they were discontinuing the Economi ECO 100 and ECO 200 sound decoders. The new products announcement on YouTube for June 6th gives the reasoning behind this and also shows some alternatives. If this proves to be true, the one thing I'm really going to miss is their size. The ECO 100 was really small and would fit in some really tight spaces.

I'm a little taken aback by this as their website page concerning the Economi decoders shows them as NOT discontinued. I will be keeping an eye on their website to see if anything changes. Anyway, they do show one new product that is interesting, the 9 pin to 21 pin decoder adapter.

This allows you to use an 8 to 9 pin adapter if you have a standard NMRA 8 pin plug or hardwire a 9 pin plug to a locomotive, plug the 9 to 21 pin adapter into it and then plug a 21 pin decoder into that. This might seem like a lot of work but if you are stuck with a 21 pin decoder and no locomotive with a 21 pin motherboard (just so happens I am stuck with one of these), then this is the ideal solution. Think about it. It's really not that different from working on plumbing is it (adapter for this, adapter for that)? I have found these adapters on Ebay for $12.95 with free shipping.


If you have an idea for a blog post here, let me know. If I can comment on it, I will or I'll see if someone else can and post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment