Search The Inn

Friday, March 15, 2019

Rust-Oleum Track Paint (updated 11 Aug 2019)

Latest from Model Railroad Hobbyist Magazine

In the past we used Floquil Tie Brown to paint flex track. As we know, this is no longer available but Rust-Oleum just introduced a roof accessory paint called Weathered Wood. It is a perfect match for tie brown, its low cost ($4.77 at one Home Depot, comes in 12 oz size, sticks to flex track and has a fine pigment so does not hide detail.


If anyone has tried this please leave a comment with thoughts on your experience with it.

Update
I've been told that this paint is no longer available. I disagree. Home Depot has it and if they have it, it's probably at other retailers.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleum-Stops-Rust-12-oz-Weathered-Wood-Roof-Accessory-Spray-Paint-285217/205717533


If you have an idea for a blog post here, let me know. If I can comment on it, I will or I'll see if someone else can and post it.

1 comment:

  1. Testor Model Master Paints has an acrylic version of Railroad Tie Brown but is quite a bit more expensive when compared with the amount of spray paint in the Rust-Oleum can.

    ReplyDelete