Search The Inn

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Never, Never, Ever Do Anything Like This!!!

I recently purchased a used HO scale 89' coach passenger car and an interior for it. When I finally got around to opening it to put the interior in, this is what I found:



What you are looking at is a threaded rod running the entire length of the car used as a weight literally buried in some kind of goop used as glue to hold it in place. The goop also runs the entire length of the car!. It is virtually impossible to remove (I tried to cut into the goop).

Never, Never, Ever Do Anything Like This!!!

Model Railroad hobbyists know that locomotives and rolling stock have a way of circulating through the hobby for many years after they are made. Be it through estate sales, auctions, sales on sites such as Ebay (in this case) and many other ways. Please don't make it impossible for another hobbyist to modify a car or restore it to its original state (which I like to do). This car should have had some 1/4 oz. weights inserted at both ends of the car (and not buried in goop). These could easily have been removed by anyone needing to modify the car

From the point of view of an interior and passengers this car is a total loss.


If you have an idea for a blog post here, let me know. If I can comment on it, I will or I'll see if someone else can and post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment